Purchasing a Service Subscription
A tenant administrator may purchase service subscriptions through the DPoD user interface.
DPoD provides subscriber tenant users a free 30 day evaluation of each service type. The first service instance of a service type you provision is created in the trial state. Trial service access is disabled on trial expiration. We recommend deleting expired trial services that you do not intend to purchase.
Purchase a service subscription
To purchase a service subscription a tenant administrator may:
- Click the Purchase/Purchase More button next to the subscription in the Service Subscriptions Table.
- Click Create Service on a service in the Add Service page in the platform of a service type with an expired subscription. If you have not previously completed a trial for this service click Try Service and after service provisioning completes click the Purchase/Purchase More button next to the subscription in the Service Subscriptions Table.
If you would like to purchase a service that does not have the Purchase/Purchase More option in the DPoD tenant Service Subscriptions Table, please contact a Thales service representative to explore purchasing options for the service.
If you created your service through an external marketplace (example: Google Cloud Marketplace) you must purchase service subscriptions through that marketplace.
On the purchase a service subscription page the tenant administrator defines the subscription quantity, plan, and term. First submission of the page begins billing registration with the service provider. Subscriber Tenants cannot submit additional purchase requests until billing registration is complete.
Once billing registration is complete and your service provider approves your subscription the service elections which you have made will be included as a commitment on your invoice.
Be aware of the following when purchasing service subscriptions through DPoD:
- Subscriptions are unique and separate commitments.
- Tenants are billed for services that are committed, but never provisioned.
- Tenants are billed additionally for exceeding the quantity of subscriptions.
- If you have an existing trial service it will be converted to a subscription.
- If you subscribe to a service that you have not registered a trial for, you will no longer be able to register a trial for that service.
- Expired subscriptions do not automatically delete services.
- Expired subscription service plans
with Overageconvert to monthly billing.
Service subscriptions table
The service subscriptions table provides an overview of service subscriptions for a tenant. Tenant Administrators and Application Owners can view their service subscriptions by accessing the Subscriptions tab in the tenant UI. Service Provider Administrators can view a list of their tenants' service subscriptions by selecting the Tenant Name in the Tenant Details Table and then navigating to the Subscriptions tab.
The service subscriptions tables contains the following information:
- Service Type - The name of the service entitlement. Example: "Luna Cloud HSM".
- Status - The status of a service subscription. Example: "Active", "Expired, "Cancelled".
- Number - The unique subscription number. If the plan type is "Trial" the value of number is
- Start Date - The subscription start date in DD-MMM-YYYY format. The start date is when you began the subscription, whether it is a trial, term, or auto-renewal subscription. The value displays the Paris France date.
- For Trial services, the start date is the service creation date.
- For Active, Expired and Cancelled the start date is the date the subscription begins/began. This is usually the first of the month following when you purchased the service subscription.
- End Date - The subscription end date in DD-MMM-YYYY format. The end date is when the trial expires, the term based subscription converts to an auto-renewal subscription, or when an auto-renewal subscription will renew. The subscription expires at 00:00:00 on the end date. The value displays the Paris France date.
- Plan - The subscription plan name. Example: "Professional - Monthly", "Trial". For more information about plan types and terminology see Service Plans.
- Service Qty. - The number of services of the service type included in the subscription.
The Purchase/Purchase More button displays next to trial/active/expired subscriptions. Click the Purchase/Purchase More buttons to Purchase a Service Subscription.
Thales DPoD uses the following service plan terminology. You select your service plan when you Purchase a Service Subscription. Subscriber Tenant subscriptions and associated service plans are available through the Service Subscriptions Table.
This document does not provide a catalogue of all possible DPoD service plans.
DPoD service plans take the format
<Commitment><ChargeType>. Example: "Term Monthly Arrears with Overage". If there is no service subscription the value of service plan is Trial.
Possible values for
- Term - when purchasing the service subscription the tenant administrator committed to a 1, 2, or 3 year term.
- Uncommitted - when the purchasing the service subscription the tenant administrator did not commit to a subscription term.
Possible values for
- Monthly Arrears - The subscription is billed at the end of the month.
- Monthly Arrears with Overage - The subscription is billed at the end of the month with additional fees for usage that goes over the service entitlement.
- Upfront - The subscription is billed before the service may be used.
- Upfront with Overage - The subscription is billed before the service may be used with additional fees for usage that goes over the service entitlement.